Ohlson Lavoie Corporation is an established and recognized architectural, planning, interiors and aquatic design firm. We specialize in athletic facilities, hospital wellness centers, sports training facilities and recreation centers. We continually seek talented professionals at all levels.
Our corporate headquarters are located in Denver Colorado, the heart of the Rocky Mountain region. Denver offers a unique lifestyle with a full range of urban amenities as well as a full gamut of recreational opportunities both here and in the nearby mountains.
In addition to the locale we offer a competitive benefit package and salary. Our working environment is both stimulating and relaxed. Most important, we offer opportunities for personal development and professional advancement. Ohlson Lavoie encourages and supports its team members in achieving their personal and professional goals. We reward those who strive for excellence.
The organizational structure at OLC is focused on integrated teams that support one another in day-to-day tasks and responsibilities. This approach allows the various strengths of each team member to be utilized and it ensures that the best method of accomplishing goals and completing projects is used.
OLC is HIRING!!!
OLC Denver, CO office:
Ohlson Lavoie Collaborative (OLC) Seeks Aquatic Design Director
OLC is a highly respected international architectural design firm seeking a well-qualified aquatic designer to lead our established aquatic design department. The ideal candidate will be multi-talented, highly motivated, and possess a dynamic personality that will lead both business development and operations of this unique design studio. The right candidate can expect rapid advancement in a thriving, collaborative work environment. Specific qualifications include:
• Design of swimming pools for competition and leisure activities, fountains and a wide variety of aquatic features.
• Expertise with aquatic programming, operations and maintenance procedures
• Expertise with designing aquatic facilities to meet local health codes and knowledge of the Model Aquatic Code and other applicable regulations governing aquatics.
• Knowledge of furniture, fixtures and equipment related to aquatic operations.
• Selection and engineering of aquatic sanitation systems, including equipment sizing and specifications specifications.
• Design and detailing of pool mechanical equipment rooms, including equipment layout, piping schematics and maintenance clearances .
• Detailing of concrete and steel pool shells, including structural influences, skimmer and gutter systems.
• Knowledge of aquatic play features and water slides, and the ability to size pumps and piping systems to make them work.
• Ability to complete aquatic schematic design, design development, and construction documents. AutoCAD and REVIT capabilities a must.
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural and civil engineering consultants.
• Ability to review product data and shop drawing submittals, respond to construction issues and perform site visits to verify compliance of construction with design documents.
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of outside architectural and landscape architectural design firms.
• Ability to participate in aquatic facility feasibility studies, perform community outreach and public presentations.
• Ability to participate in marketing and business development activities, present during interviews for projects and represent the firm at industry conferences and trade shows.
• Ability to oversee staff, delegate assignments, and manage project schedules to meet multiple deadlines.
• Knowledge of the aquatic construction market, cost trends, and general acquisition issues.
• Competent verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in the aquatic design industry required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is preferred but not mandatory.
• Licensed Professional Engineer is preferred but not mandatory.
• Located in Denver, Colorado; Columbus, Ohio or Orlando, Florida preferred but not mandatory.
Please send resume and examples of work to: email@example.com
OLC Orlando, FL office:
Arch Intern III: Emerging professional on the path to licensure:
- Mid to Entry level of professional work under close supervision. Receives specific and detailed instructions regarding tasks and expected results.
- 2-3 Years related experience or an MS degree
- Must be proficient in Revit
OLC Orlando, FL office:
Interior Designer (Finishes, furniture and fixtures):
- Degree in Interior Design
- 5-7 years related experience
- Ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria for wide variety of building types and design complexities.
- Requires substantial knowledge of design and planning principles, building and planning code requirements, specification preparation and organization, construction costs and methods, and contract preparation and negotiation.
- Ability to direct work efforts of others, develop detailed design concepts, produce contract documents, interpret ordinances, and interpret client needs.
- Works directly with clients on projects of any size.
For more information or to submit your resume, please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org